GETS Theological Seminary is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students. In keeping with the Citizenship and Immigration Services’ regulations, each nonimmigrant student must demonstrate that they have sufficient means of support to attend GETS Theological Seminary.
To be eligible for an I-20, you must:
* Gain a full admission to a program of study at GETS Theological Seminary.
* Complete the I-20 Online Application Form
* Submit affidavit of support and copy of passport to International Students Office
Affidavit of support should be in the form of bank statement or balance certification from a bank institution not over 60 days. Please see the schedule of tuition fees and estimates of living expenses. The financial figure should reflect sufficient funds to cover one full year of tuition and living expenses.
If someone one (i.e., a relative, friend, or other sponsor) will be supporting you, the sponsoring letter along with that person’s bank statement are required to submit to the International Students Office.
Any student who is unable to exhibit adequate means of support will not be eligible for I-20 at GETS Theological Seminary.
If your spouse and child will be accompanying with you to the U.S., you’ll need to add addition $2,000 for each dependent on your proof of financial supports.
* F-2 dependent is only limited to spouse and unmarried child under age of 21.
* F-2 children may only engage in full time study at the K-12 level.