Arriving in the U.S.

1. F-1 學生

  • A valid I-20
  • Passports must be valid for at least six months.
  • Keep full time student status. Master's degree (MACS) requires registration for 12 credits per semester.
  • Maintain good academic performance and complete your degree within a certain period of time.
  • If you move and your residential address has changed, please notify the International Student Affairs Office within 10 days.
  • If you want to change your major, please apply to the Academic Affairs Office and contact the International Student Affairs Office.
  • Please apply to the International Student Advisor for graduation extension, transfer, change of status, and optional internship (OPT) in advance.
  • Do not go out to work or work without authorization.
  • Comply with all international student laws and U.S. laws.
  • Depart the United States on time after graduation or OPT internship.


2. F-2 Spouse and dependents

  • F-2 cannot accept any job under any circumstances.
  • The F-2 spouse cannot be a full-time student. To become a student, you must convert to F-1 status before you can go to school.
  • F-2 children can only go to elementary and middle school, and no more than 12th grade. If you want to go to university, you must apply to the university and convert to F-1 status before you can study.
  • F-2 spouses and children can take part-time or recreational courses without a degree.